At Emil Frei, we know that our people are the key to our success. Our designers and craftsmen work as a team to create works of art that will have an enduring impact in communities for generations. We are always in search of knowledgeable and skilled people to strengthen and grow our organization. Join our team and help to create, restore, and preserve timeless works of art.
Emil Frei, Inc. is seeking a new full-time Traveling Craftsman to assist in restoring and preserving stained glass. The work will include repairing, sealing, installing, and cleaning stained glass windows, installing window frames and protective glazing. Responsibilities will vary by project and the ideal candidate is a quick learner who is adaptable to a changing worksite environment. Candidates are expected to work well with others, be good communicators, carry themselves professionally, be productive, be detail-oriented, and take pride in their work.
No experience is necessary, but ideal candidates will have some experience and proficiency in a construction trade such as carpentry and/or glazing. Craftsman will be trained in restoring and preserving stained glass.
- Travel frequently, sometimes for multiple weeks at a time, and should enjoy travel.
- Work from heights, sometimes 65’ or greater, on ladders, working platforms, and aerial lifts.
- Live within or nearby the St. Louis metro area.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Work independently and in a group.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Lift up to 75 pounds.
- Be willing to submit to pre-employment drug testing.
- Hourly Pay— Depends on experience.
- Annual and Christmas Bonuses.
- Two weeks Paid Vacation— starting in the second year of employment.
- Overtime Pay when available.
- Regular pay increases based on performance.
- Approximate Annual Value of Benefits Package: $12,500-15,000.
- Health Insurance —100% Company Provided.
- Dental & Vision Plans available—100% Employee Contributed.
- Employer Contributed Pension Plan—begins after 1 year at the company.
No Current Openings
No Current Openings
To apply, please fill out the form below. Alternatively, you may submit a cover letter and resume by email to [email protected] or by mail to Emil Frei and Associates, Inc., 1017 W Adams, St. Louis, MO 63119.
Before a job is offered, all candidates will be required to interview for the position and will need to provide at least 2 letters of reference.